Saturday 5 April 2014

Huge Pints and Pencils Update!!!!!!

Today I have mostly been drawing Leprechauns but on Thursday I drew many things because it was Pints and Pencils, the monthly pub based drawing night organised by professional moustache trainer, Will Peart.

I warmed up with a couple of the best Giraffes I think I've ever drawn.

The first one is my attempt to imagine what giraffes would have looked like in the Elizabethan era. They're pretty fashionable creatures as you well know so they'd probably have kept up with the trends of the time.




After that I decided to recast one of my favourite movies with a giraffe in an important role. Unfortunately I didn't quite leave enough space for the cowboy hat and missed an 'f'' out of the title. This is still the best giraffe based Dr Strangelove homage ever created though.



Remember the Very Hungry Caterpillar? The children's book beloved by all? Well I imagined in my brain a more sinister version and then drew it with my hands and a pencil. I think it came out pretty creepy, right? On the third day this caterpillar ate human flesh, lol.



A few people have asked me how I see the world if I draw all this weird stuff (and giraffes) so I wanted to draw an accurate representation of the world as seen through my eyes. It's either really happy or utterly terrifying, depending on whether I had chance to eat a good breakfast.




When I was young I had some rabbits and a guinea pig. We kept them all in the same hutch. One summer we went away for a holiday and asked the neighbours to look after them but they must have forgotten because when we got back only one of the rabbits was still alive. I looked into his eyes and could tell he had had to do some terrible things to be the last rabbit standing. This is a tribute to him...I miss you Mr Nibbles...




Now, as you know I love superheroes, especially Marvel. I thought I would draw some of my favourites. This would probably be my ideal Avengers team if you also replaced Jarvis with some kind of giraffe butler. Maybe I should draw that...




Finally here are some drawings of me and my friends at Travelling Man. I think I captured their likenesses pretty well. Matt B isn't really dead though, lol.




Will drew Rick in the top corner because I forgot him. The others are Nabil in the background, Matt B, Dave, Matt, Gary and Will himself. I hope they don't hate me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment